Deal of the Year
Each year, Latin Lawyer offers awards to general counsel and law firms advising on the most significant deals of the year across Latin America. The nomination period for Deal of the Year runs roughly from early December to mid-January. Full details about the process are provided through the Latin Lawyer briefing at that time of year.
Our Deal of the Year Awards are in the following categories:
- Mergers and acquisitions: public companies
- Mergers and acquisitions: private companies
- Project finance: energy and natural resources
- Project finance: infrastructure
- Corporate finance: capital markets
- Corporate finance: banking and finance
- Private equity
- Regulatory matter
Deals and matters in the above categories which closed in the relevant calendar year will be eligible for consideration. Considerations when deciding the winner will include value, timeframe, complexity, legal creativity shown, political and regulatory sensitivity, number of jurisdictions to which the deal relates, and so on.
We publish a full shortlist of deals nominated ahead of the event taking place, normally in February.
Latin Lawyer Individual Awards
Each year Latin Lawyer hands out individual awards at our annual charity awards ceremony in São Paulo:
- Law Firm Leader of the Year Award
- Specialist Law Firm Leader of the Year Award
- International Lawyer of the Year Award
- Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year Award
- Pro Bono Project of the Year Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Diversity Initiative of the Year Award
The nomination period for individual awards starts around October each year, with roughly a month-long deadline. We invite firms to put forward individuals for consideration by completing a short survey online. The nomination period is announced in our daily news briefing.
Awards are presented to winners at our annual charity awards ceremony in São Paulo. Money raised at the event will support efforts to boost pro bono work in the region, by funding clearing houses which link deserving charities to lawyers willing to provide free legal advice.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.