Thomaz holds an LLM from Columbia University. He specialises in the insurance and reinsurance industries, advising clients in regulatory and corporate matters, including aspects of insurance, reinsurance and pensions, focusing on transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions and contracts for the distribution of insurance products (bancassurance). Considering this experience, he was involved in the main operations of this nature in Brazil. He is the author of several papers and publications on insurance law and is a member of the International Insurance Law Association (AIDA) and the Insurance Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA). In addition, he has experience as an international lawyer at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (USA).
- AM Best – Recommended Insurance Attorneys (2020)
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Business Contracts (2020); Civil (2020); Insurance (2017–2018; 2020); São Paulo (2020)
- Chambers Global – Insurance (2017–2019)
- Chambers Latin America – Insurance (2017–2019; 2021)
- Latin Lawyer 250 Insurance & Reinsurance (2020)
- Euromoney – Expert Guides – Insurance & Reinsurance (2020)
- The Legal 500 – Insurance: Next Generation Lawyers (2014 – 2015; 2017–2018; 2021)
- Who’s Who Legal – Insurance & Reinsurance (2017; 2020)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Insurance & Reinsurance (2017–2020)
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.