Thiago’s practice focuses on technology, compliance and public law, and in particular on anti-corruption investigations handled by public authorities and regulators, data protection, cybersecurity and digital platforms. He was awarded as one of the world’s leading young lawyers in anti-corruption investigations by GIR 40 under 40 and technology by GDR 40 under 40. Based on his experience as State Attorney, he also advises clients in cases related to state-owned companies, administrative sanctioning procedures, concessions, bids and administrative contracts in general. He served as State Attorney of São Paulo before the Federal Supreme Court (STF) and Superior Court of Justice (STJ), and as a clerk at the STJ. He is currently a professor at the University of Brasília (UnB), member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and the International Committee of Digital Economy of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). He is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals with CIPP/Europe and author of the book Fundamentals of Privacy Regulation and Personal Data Protection (2019), published by Amazon.
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Regulatory (2019), Telecommunications (2019), Automotive and Auto Parts (2019-2020), Compliance (2019–2021), Banking (2021), Financial (2021), Concessions (2020–2021), Digital (2019–2021), Education (2020), Energy (2020), Health Plan (2020), Insurance (2020), Rubber and Plastics (2020), Technology (2020–2021), Trade (2020), and Federal District (2020–2021)
- Chambers Brazil (formerly Chambers Latin America): Technology (2019–2022); Data Protection (2021-2022); Public Law (2022)
- CIPP/Europe certification – International Association of Privacy Professionals (data)
- Global Data Review – 40 Under 40 (2018, 2020)
- Global Investigations Review – 40 Under 40 (2020)
- Latin Lawyer 250 – Anti-corruption investigations and Compliance; Administrative Law; Data, Technology and Privacy Law (2020–2021) and Telecoms & Media (2021)
- Leaders League – Public Law (2020–2021), Data Protection (2018 and 2022), Technology (2018 and 2022), Telecommunications law (2022) and Compliance (2021)
- The Legal 500 – Public Law (2018–2019), Compliance (2019), TMT: Cybersecurity and Data Privacy (2018–2022) and Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity (2018)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Administrative litigation; Data (2018, 2020–2021)
- Who’s Who Legal Global – Data Privacy and Protection (2020–2022), Information Technology and Investigations (2021–2022)
- Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders – Brazil (2020) and Brazil – Data (2021)
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.