Thiago is a partner at Mattos Filho who focuses on construction and complex contracts, including onshore and offshore contracts, equipment supply contracts, contracts typical to the oil and gas industry (eg, charter agreements, O&M agreements, FPSOs, DPUs and platform construction contracts, and gas supply contracts), take or pay contracts, contracts related to the hotel industry (eg, construction of hotels, built to suit, hotel management agreements and franchising), as well as project development and infrastructure-related transactions. His experience includes advice to owners and contractors on the preparation, negotiation, pre-litigation and arbitration involving complex contracts. He has substantial experience in sectors such as energy, ports, airports, subways, railways, shipbuilding, and oil and gas. Prior to joining Mattos Filho, Thiago worked for the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IDB Group) in Washington, DC. He is a member of the Society of Construction Law in London and is currently the co-vice chair of the Project Execution Subcommittee of the International Construction Projects Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Chambers Global –Projects; Up and Coming (2018 – 2019)
- Chambers Latin America – Projects (2018–2020)
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate – Rising Star: Energy and infrastructure (2015–2016), Project Development, Project finance (2017–2019); Highly regarded: Project finance, Project development (2020);
- Who’s Who Legal Global – Construction
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Construction (2018–2019)
- The Legal 500 – Next generation lawyers: Projects and infrastructure (2019).
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.