Roberto Torres coordinates the regulatory and environmental practice of Garrigues Mexico. He has practised regulatory and environmental law for the past 15 years.
He is mainly experienced in regulatory law, regulatory and environmental due diligence and advisory of real state, infrastructure, industrial and tourism projects; implementation of renewable sources exploitation and clean energy generation projects; processing and administration of environmental permits, licences and concessions; drafting of federal and local environmental regulations; management of normalisation issues. He has advised the Commission for Environmental Cooperation of North America. He is also experienced in international investor-state dispute resolution under ICSID’s Additional Facility Rules.
Environmental law professor at Universidad Iberoamericana (Mexico City, 2015) and co-founder and President of Colegio de Abogados por el Ambiente (Mexico City, since 2008 and 2015, respectively).
- Diploma in energy law, Escuela Libre de Derecho, 2016.
- Master's in environmental policy and management, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2008–2009.
- Diploma in real estate and tourism, ITAM, 2007.
- Diploma in environmental law and natural resources, ITAM, 2001.
- Law degree, Escuela Libre de Derecho, 1996–2001.
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.