Nilton focuses his practice on the shipping and port and oil and gas sectors, particularly M&A transactions, regulatory and contractual matters, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts related to these industries. He also has experience in corporate law, public law and resolution of disputes by means of arbitration and administrative proceedings. He worked at the London office of Freshfields, Bruckhaus Deringer and was a secondee in the offices of British Petroleum (BP) and Petrobras in Rio de Janeiro. He is currently a secondee at the office of the China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) in Brazil and a member of the International Association of Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Business Contracts (2020–2021); Regulatory (2020); Oil & Gas (2020); Transport and Logistics (2020); Rio de Janeiro (2020)
- Chambers Global – Oil & Gas (2011–2020); Shipping – Brazil (2022)
- Chambers Brazil (formerly Chambers Latin America) – Oil & Gas (2011–2022); Shipping 2022
- The Legal 500 – Next generation partner – Transport: Shipping (2021–2022); Hydrocarbons (201 –2015)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Energy (2019–2020)
- Who’s Who Legal Global – Energy – Oil & Gas (2019–2021)
- Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders Brazil (2020–2021)
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.