Moacir’s practice focuses on M&A transactions and general corporate matters with emphasis on publicly held companies. He represents business conglomerates, domestic and foreign, from different economic sectors. Moacir served as the head of the legal department of the Brazilian Securities Commission (CVM). He worked as a foreign associate in the New York office of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton. He is a member of the advisory board of Fundação Antonio e Helena Zerrener (co-controlling shareholders of Ambev).
- Chambers Global – Corporate/M&A (2000 –2019)
- Chambers Latin America – Corporate/M&A (2008–2020)
- Euromoney Expert Guides – Best of the Best Latin America; M&A; Private Equity; Corporate Governance (2016; 2019)
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate – Leading Lawyer: Corporate/M&A (2014 –2015; 2017); Highly regarded: M&A (2018–2020)
- The Legal 500 – Leading Lawyer: Corporate/M&A (2012–2019)
- Who’s Who Legal Global – Corporate governance; M&A
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Corporate governance; M&A (2014–2019)
- Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders – M&A and Governance (2019).
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.