Marcio has extensive experience in the competition area, representing national and foreign clients from various sectors of the economy in the approval of corporate transactions before the Administrative Council for Economic Defense, investigations of anticompetitive conduct, especially carts and abuse dominant position, negotiation of leniency agreements and Termination Commitment Terms, antitrust lawsuits, competitive compliance and general advice. Marcio serves as co-chair of the International Bar Association Working Group on International Cartels and is a member of the International Committee of the Competition Section of the American Bar Association. He was an adviser to the Brazilian Institute for the Study of Competition, Consumption and International Trade (Ibrac) for several years and a guest professor in the graduate programme at FGV.
- Chambers Latin America – Competition & Antitrust (2014 – 2021)
- LACCA Approved – Antitrust (2017 – 2021)
- The Legal 500 – Competition & Antitrust – Leading individual (2014 – 2021)
- Latin Lawyer 250 - Antitrust & Competition (2014 – 2020)
- Who’s Who Legal Global – Competition (2020)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Thought Leaders – Competition (2020–2021)
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.