Marcelo advises domestic and foreign clients in mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments. His practice also includes representation of investors, creditors and debtors in complex debt restructurings. Marcelo worked as a foreign associate in the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
Awards and recognition
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Corporate (2015)
- Chambers Global – Corporate/M&A (2014–2019)
- Chambers Latin America – Corporate/M&A (2013 –2020); Bankruptcy and restructuring (2018–2020)
- Client Choice Awards – M&A (2017)
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate – Notable practitioner (201 – 2020)
- Latin Lawyer 250 – Corporate/M&A (2014–2015); Private equity (2016–2019); Restructuring and insolvency (2014-2019)
- The Legal 500 – Bankruptcy and restructuring (2014–2019); Corporate/M&A (2013; 2015; 2019)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Capital markets (2016–2019); M&A (2018–2019); Restructuring (2019);
- Who’s Who Legal Global – Capital markets; M&A.
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.