Marcelo counsels insurance, reinsurance and pension companies on regulatory and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions transactions, distribution contracts, claims regulations and litigation. He has been actively involved in the most significant transactions and claims matters taking place in Brazil in the recent past. He is an adjunct professor in the Business School of Fundação Getulio Vargas. He is the author of numerous publications on insurance and reinsurance law.
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Insurance (2015–2016)
- Chambers Global – Insurance (2009–2018); Star Individuals: Insurance (2015–2018)
- Chambers Latin America – Insurance (2009–2019); Star Individuals: Insurance (2014–2018)
- Client Choice Awards – Insurance (2016)
- Euromoney Expert Guides – Best of the Best Latin America; Insurance & Reinsurance (2016)
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate – Notable practitioner (2018–2019).
- LACCA Approved – Corporate/M&A (2017–2019)
- The Legal 500 – Leading Lawyer: Insurance (2012–2018)
- Who’s Who Legal – Insurance & Reinsurance
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Insurance & Reinsurance (2018).
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.