José has been a member of the Foreign Trade Practice Group since 2000. He is experienced in foreign trade and customs matters, free trade agreements (FTA), regulatory matters, consumer protection and export controls. He has contributed to several publications related to foreign trade and customs matters and is a professor of international trade law at the Universidad Panamericana.
Jose's practice focuses on trade matters, including tariff classification of goods, rules of origin, customs valuation, IMMEX, PROSEC and other programmes aimed at promoting imports and exports, FTAs, including origin verifications, labeling, tariff and non-tariff regulations and restrictions such as Mexican Official Standards, export controls, health regulations and other regulatory issues.
Representative clients, cases or matters
- Participated in several origin verifications carried out by the customs authorities under different FTAs that have represented considerable savings in the payment of duties, taxes and fines.
- Carried out planning strategies in connection with tariff classification and origin to ensure compliance with the applicable legislation and achieve savings in payment of duties and taxes.
- Participated in compliance programmes in customs matters for corporate groups, and in self-correction procedures when inconsistencies have been detected.
- University Intercontinental (Sanitary Regulation of the Pharmaceutical Industry) (2012);
- Escuela Libre de Derecho (Diploma International Trade) (2011);
- Universidad Panamericana (Master's Degree Business Law) (2010);
- Universidad Panamericana (JD) (2002).
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.