Gibran Hazar joined Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa in 2005 but resigned in 2011 to provide services to the telecommunication and broadcasting industry. He rejoined the firm in 2017 and was admitted to the partnership in 2020. Gibran specialises in strategic litigation and regulatory matters; for more than 20 years of practice he has served as external counsel and as general counsel of some of the most important Mexican and global corporations in their respective industry sectors.
As external counsel he has successfully represented some of the world’s most innovative and disruptive corporations that lead the digital markets, retail, passenger transport services that use mobile applications and electronic platforms, securing final rulings and cautionary measures that have guaranteed continuity of their operations, competitively, expansion and permanence in the new markets.
At the corporate level he has served in the telecommunications and broadcasting industries. While serving the industries, he witnessed the most relevant changes of that sector in Mexico. He has also provided professional advice to technology and innovation corporations.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association (BMA).
- Member of the regulatory, administrative law, telecommunications and broadcasting, human rights, constitutional and amparo committees of the Mexican Bar Association.
- Law degree (JD) from Universidad Panamericana (UP) Mexico City.
- Master’s degree in tax law from UP.
- Specialisation in financial law, UP.
This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.