For decades, Vinson & Elkins lawyers have worked on diverse projects in Latin America, advising clients on landmark transactions and disputes, as well as structuring, executing and financing complex, multinational ventures. Our lawyers have advised clients doing business in Latin America on equity and debt capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and structuring and financing complex and innovative projects. This work often crosses multiple borders and requires depth of experience in the client’s business sector.
Our team provides:
• Extensive experience in almost every country in Latin America
• Strong US securities law and capital markets background
• Unsurpassed knowledge of structuring, documenting and negotiating transactions across Latin America
• Proven track record working seamlessly with local counsel throughout Latin America
• Management of internal investigations, advice on compliance matters and transactional risk and anti-corruption due diligence
• Timely, high-quality commentary to our clients on important legal and market-driven developments in the region.
In addition to extensive transactional experience, Vinson & Elkins’ internationally recognised international dispute resolution lawyers have operated in numerous Latin American countries during the past five years, including Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, and Venezuela. Drawing on both our in-depth knowledge of the energy sector and our familiarity with the culture and structures of the region, Vinson & Elkins offers our clients the right solution to resolve their disputes, whether they involve purely a commercial breach of contract or issues arising out of expropriation of assets, the imposition of targeted taxes or the involuntary restructuring of investment models by the state. In doing so, we are also able to interface seamlessly with our network of extensive contacts throughout the region and beyond, to ensure the right resources are available to our clients in whatever forum a dispute arises.
1001 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77002
+1 713 758 2222
This is a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice that is published in return for a fee.