Considered one of the largest and most renowned corporate law firms in Brazil, Trench Rossi Watanabe has a comprehensive and reputable practice, with expertise in all areas of law. Established in 1959, the firm provides legal services to national and international clients from various markets, assisting them in managing their business in an ethical and efficient manner.
With offices located in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Brasília and Porto Alegre, the firm is ready to advise its clients with the knowledge and confidence required to address Brazilian laws, legal systems and unique business practices.
Through strategic cooperation with Baker McKenzie for consulting on foreign law, the firm provides its clients with access to a global perspective from one of the broadest and strongest legal networks, working collaboratively with knowledgeable lawyers in several jurisdictions, providing insights and support to its clients’ operation wherever and whenever they need it.
Innovation and modern management
Trench Rossi Watanabe was one of the first Brazilian law firms to act full service, think in a multidisciplinary way, implement state-of-the-art technology to assist in cases and use artificial intelligence legal tools in the procedural routine.
The firm follows global market trends to offer unprecedented legal solutions for leading-edge cases in the most diverse industries and stands out for its modern management.
Its culture of innovation and advanced organisational structure, including a management committee composed of three partners, allows the firm to be always one step ahead.
Areas of practice and industry groups
Trench Rossi Watanabe advises on both transactional and general legal matters through its award-winning industry and practice groups:
Agribusiness; antitrust; arbitration; banking law, financial law and project finance; capital markets (debt and equity); compensation; commercial contracts; consumer law; corporate; credit restructuring, reorganisation and insolvency procedures; criminal; energy, mining, petrochemical and infrastructure; environment and climate change; environmental, social and governance (ESG); ethics, compliance and investigations; insurance and reinsurance; industrials, manufacturing and transportation; international commerce; labour; healthcare and life sciences; litigation; media, telecoms and entertainment; mergers & acquisitions; public and regulatory law – projects; real estate; startups, private equity and venture capital; tax; technology and intellectual property; wealth management; and white-collar crime.
Trench Rossi Watanabe stands out for its efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive environment and acting responsibly with its entire network. Through its Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, the firm develops pro bono work, actions aimed at diversity and inclusion, sustainability and supports sociocultural activities.
Because of this strong commitment, the firm was widely recognised within this sphere:
- WILL Award – Women in Leadership 2020 and 2021, from Valor Econômico, a renowned newspaper focused on business in Brazil;
- Women in Business Law guide 2021, promoted by Expert Guides, recognised six professionals of the firm in several categories – insurance and reinsurance, transfer pricing, energy and natural resources, technology, media and telecommunications, tax and international trade;
- Latin Lawyer 250 guide (23rd edition) recognised the firm for its DE&I policies;
- Leading Lights seal from Latin Lawyer and the Vance Centers for pro bono work throughout 2019, 2020 and 2021;
- Three important recognitions awarded by Women in Business Law Awards (Americas) in 2021, promoted by Euromoney: Brazil Firm of the Year, Women in Business Law Latin American Firm and Work-Life Balance Latin American Firm;
- Best Company in the Legal Sector and Best SME in the Ethos/Época Inclusion survey, a work coordinated by the Ethos Institute in partnership with Época Negócios magazine, in 2022;
- Best Places to Work for LGBTI+ people index, through a survey developed by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Global Workplace Equity Program, in 2022; among others.
Sao Paulo: Rua Arq. Olavo Redig de Campos
105, 31º andar, Ed. EZ Towers, Torre A
Tel: +55 11 3048 6800 / +55 11 5506 3455
Rio de Janeiro: Rua Lauro Muller, 116, Conj
2802, Ed. Rio Sul Center, 22290-906
Tel: +55 21 2206 4900 / +55 21 2206 4949
Brasília: SAF/S Quadra 02, Lote 04, Sala 203
Ed. Comercial Via Esplanada, 70070-600
Tel: +55 61 2102 5000 /+55 61 3323 3312
Porto Alegre: Av. Soledade, 550
Cj. 403 e 404, 90470-340
Tel: +55 51 3220 0900 / +55 51 3220 0901
This is a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice that is published in return for a fee.