García & Bodán ensures uniformity and excellence in its legal services.
García & Bodán is a full-service law firm with eight offices in Central America, located in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
García & Bodán has a team of highly qualified attorneys, graduated with honours from prestigious national and international universities, with fluency in Spanish and English. Our attorneys are recognised for their expertise in complex transactions in a context of rapid change and a competitive business environment. García & Bodán’s team not only supports its clients in legal matters related to their business and expansion strategies, but also serves as a guide to foreign investors to help them establish in a new country.
- Fast response in a maximum of three hours during office hours and not more than 24 hours during non-office hours.
- Observance of conflict of interests at a regional level, not at an individual office level.
- Answers always well founded in law, making reference to the applicable law or disposition.
Main practice areas
Corporate and transactional: García & Bodán has participated in complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and elaboration of due diligences in a variety of industrial sectors.
Tax: This practice area is one of the supporting pillars to clients in their investments and businesses in Central America. García & Bodán elaborates and develops tax planning services to maximise clients’ profitability, all in accordance with the laws in force in each country.
Banking and finance: The team provides advice on both unique and complex financial transactions, such as: syndicated bank financing, structured finance, sovereign bond issues, private bond issues, project finance, financing of acquisitions and derivatives, purchase and sale of debt portfolios, trusts, among others; as well as in the area of current regulation of financial markets.
Capital markets Our capital markets practice focuses on advising public and private companies seeking to raise capital, and assisting them in structuring alternative forms of financing, advising them on the best capital structures to meet their business objectives.
Intellectual property: This practice focuses on litigation of patents and actions against trademark infringement, handling of brand portfolios, brand monitoring, health records and legal advice on copyrights and other IP rights.
Litigation and arbitration: This practice group has the capacity to resolve disputes through the use of dispute resolution mechanisms or, if necessary, through litigation before courts of all the jurisdictions, including specialist courts.
Real estate: It is characterised by its active participation in the most important tourism-related transactions, especially in Nicaragua, Guatemala and Honduras. It provides advice to real estate developers, hotel operators and condominium developers, among others.
Labour: García & Bodán provides labour law services in general, including preventive legal advice, ranging from individual to collective issues, and from administrative labour law to full-fledged litigation.
Energy and natural resources: The firm’s expertise covers all areas and activities of the energy and natural resources sectors, including oil and gas.
Some of our most important work:
• Local counsel in Honduras for the acquisition of a multinational retailer data business company for US$2,700 million. The M&A transaction involved several Latin American jurisdictions.
- Assisted Millicom International Cellular SA, company owner of Tigo, in the acquisition of the operations of Telefónica SA in the markets of Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama, transaction that exceeded US$1,650 million.
- Advice a consortium of international companies on corporate and tax matters for the development of a megaproject executed by the Costa Rican Aqueduct and Sewer Institute (AYA) valued at more than US$100 million.
- Advised a multinational insurance company in its incorporation as a local company, registration with various applicable governmental agencies and obtaining all authorisations, permits and licences required to operate as a licensed insurance company in El Salvador. It is the only insurance company in El Salvador that will operate as a foreign branch.
Managua: Reparto Los Robles, No. L-15. Del Restaurante “La Marseillaise” ½ cuadra al Sur. Managua, Nicaragua. CA.
San Juan del Sur: Del Restaurante “El Timón” 2 cuadras al Norte, contiguo al Hotel Alcazar. San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. CA.
Tola: Plaza Rivera de Tola. Entrada de Hacienda Iguana 500m al Sur. Tola, Nicaragua. C.A.
Managua: 505 2264 7790
San Juan del Sur and Tola: 505 2568 2134
This is a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice that is published in return for a fee.