Rafael is a partner in Consortium Legal - Guatemala. He has more than 20 years of experience in Foreign Investment, Project Finance, International Commercial Contracts, Telecommunications, Tax Law and International Trade. He is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA); American Bar Association (ABA) and the Guatemalan Bar Association.
- Advised AIG Seguros in the acquisition of Assa Seguros.
- Advised Rentokil Initial Americas, LTD in the asset acquisition of the pest control division of the Guatemalan company Dimegsa, SA for US$1.4 million.
- Advised OPIC and Banco de América Central in the cancellation process of more than 200 sub-mortgages that were granted on behalf of a loan agreement signed on 28 April 2009 by and in between BAC, OPIC and Citibank, NA for US$38,300,000
- Helped Southern Cross Group in the Merger and Acquisition process of a software company called Intellego Caricam for the Guatemalan companies involved in the process.
- Master’s in commercial law and business administration (cum laude), Facultad de Derecho, Universidad Francisco Marroquín; Guatemala (2003).
- Lawyer and notary, Facultad de Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales, Universidad Rafael Landívar; Guatemala (2000).
Languages Spanish, English, German
Association of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala
American Bar Association (ABA).
International Bar Association (IBA).