Alfredo is a partner of Consortium Legal - Guatemala. With 38 years of professional experience in the food and beverage, financial services, real estate, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and startup sectors, he has experience in advising on matters including tax and corporate matters, related to M&A transactions, private equity investments, financial transactions, foreign investment in Guatemala and Guatemalan investment abroad. He also advises individuals and family groups on estate and succession planning. He also has extensive experience in corporate law and leads the tax, real estate and entrepreneurship practice.
He has been a university professor in tax matters, both at undergraduate and master's level, and specialisation at Universidad Francisco Marroquín. He has been teaching tax law at the undergraduate level for 25 years and continues to teach tax law at the master's and specialisation levels. He is currently president of the International Fiscal Association (Guatemala); he belongs to several local and international tax associations. He was legal adviser to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Guatemala (2004-2006); main legal advisor for Guatemala for the legal review of the FTA between the Dominican Republic, Central America and the United States (2004); personal legal adviser to the Minister of Economy of Guatemala during the negotiations of the FTA between Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Mexico (2000-2001).
- Advised GuatePrenda-MaxiEfectivo on the acquisition of GuatePrenda – MaxiEfectivo (GPMX) for $53.4 million by Holland & Knight advised Austin, Texas-based EZCORP, Inc. (Nasdaq: EZPW).
- Advised on the selling of real estate and disincorporation of a financial group for US$15 million.
- Advised Coffee Exporters Association (ADEC) and Cardamom Exporters Association (ADECAR) on various tax claims before the Tax Superintendency for more than US$100 million.
- Master of Laws (LLM), Georgetown University Law Center, Washington DC (1982)
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences, Universidad Rafael Landívar, Guatemala (1981).
Languages Spanish, English.
Member, College of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala
Member, Tax Committee of the Coordinating Committee of Agricultural, Commercial, Industrial and Financial Associations (CACIF)
Founding member, Guatemalan Tax Association (ATG)
Member, Guatemalan Institute of Notarial Law
Member, Institute of Tax Law of Guatemala
Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
Member, International Fiscal Association (IFA).