Uría Menéndez is a top-tier law firm with more than 70 years of experience. We currently have 12 offices and operate in the main financial centres of Europe and the Americas. We advise on Spanish, Portuguese and EU law in business-related matters and assist our clients in their international transactions through our network of offices and our close links with prestigious law firms around the world.
We have further strengthened our ties in the Americas with the creation of the first major Ibero-American law firm Philippi, Prietocarrizosa, Ferrero DU & Uría (PPU), arising from the merger between leading firms in Chile, Colombia and Peru. Therefore, we are able to offer clients a global team of 1,000 lawyers.
Uría Menéndez offers legal advice of the highest standards. Specifically, in regards to our international litigation and arbitration department, we have:
- vast experience advising leading players in their domestic and international projects and in their disputes before both arbitral tribunals and national courts;
- a strong track record in dispute resolution procedures and a bespoke approach that responds to client needs with dynamic structures that use counsel in local jurisdictions;
- cross-jurisdictional integrated teams that provide full-service advice;
- broad capabilities on matters pertaining to civil and common law and an in-house team of lawyers trained in the continental and common law systems ready to advise on any legal issue; and
- the ability to deliver the very highest quality of service and find the best solutions to the most complex legal issues.
View list of locations