Luiz Gustavo practises environmental law and has experience in both court and administrative proceedings, complex negotiations and consulting in various topics related to the environmental law. His clients include domestic and multinational groups in various industry sectors with emphasis on energy (biofuels, oil and gas and renewable energy), agribusiness, forestry, chemical, mining and infrastructure. He was the partner responsible for the environmental area in Brazil at the American law firm of Mayer Brown. He is a professor of postgraduate courses in environmental law at the Law School of Fundação Getulio Vargas and in the Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC), as well as a coordinator of the Committee for the Environment and director of the Brazilian Institute for Studies of Energy Law (IBDE).
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Environment (2010–2016)
- Chambers Latin America – Environment (2010–2019)
- The Legal 500 – Energy and Environment (2011–2016)
- Who’s Who Legal – Environment: International and Brazil (2016–2018)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Environment (2018).