Giovani’s practice focuses on energy, oil and gas and in particular on merger and acquisition transactions, financing and regulatory issues involving these industries. He was a legal counsel in the Houston office of Fulbright and Jaworski LLP (now Norton Rose Fulbright). He is one of the founding partners of the Brazilian Institute of Energy Law Studies and a chairman of the Oil & Gas Law Committee of the International Bar Association. He is licensed to practise law in Brazil, New York and England.
- Análise Advocacia 500 – Oil & Gas (2015), (2018); Business Contracts (2018)
- Chambers Global – Oil & Gas (2011–2019); Projects (2012–2019); Foreign Expert USA: Oil & Gas (2013 – 2018); Expert Based Abroad USA: Energy & Natural Resources (2016); Foreign Expert USA: Projects (2018)
- Chambers Latin America – Oil & Gas (2012–2019); Projects (2012–2019)
- Euromoney Expert Guides – Best of the Best Latin America; Energy and Natural Resources (2016)
- IFLR 1000 Energy and Infrastructure – Leading Lawyer: Energy and Infrastructure, Project Development (2015–2016)
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate – Leading Lawyer: Banking, Capital Markets, Project finance (2015; 2017); Highly regarded: Banking, Capital Markets, Energy and Infrastructure, Project Development, Project Finance (2018–2019)
- LACCA Approved – Corporate/M&A; Energy (2016–2019)
- The Legal 500 – Leading Lawyer: Oil & Gas (2012–2018); Shipping (2014–2016)
- Who’s Who Legal – Energy: Thought Leaders and Brazil (2018)
- Who’s Who Legal – Energy Lawyer of the Year Award – first lawyer in Latin America to be recognised by the award (2018)
- Who’s Who Legal Brazil – Energy (2018).