Managing partner at Zang, Bergel & Viñes Abogados, Carolina Zang also heads the firm’s banking and capital markets practice. She specialises in corporate legal advice with emphasis in financing, capital markets, debt restructuring, M&A, investment funds, private equity and venture capital, and real estate. During 2017, under Carolina Zang’s leadership, Zang, Bergel & Viñes Abogados ranked second in the top five of Buenos Aires' most important firms in corporate debt issuance. Out of the total of the corporate debt issuance transactions concreted during 2017, ZBV participated in 12 per cent, while the remaining 88 per cent were distributed among 26 other firms. Throughout 2017, 61 per cent of corporate debt issuance transactions were carried out by the top five of Buenos Aires' most important firms in debt issuance. Of that 61 per cent, 19.6 per cent belong to ZBV, placing us as the second firm in terms of the amount of transactions carried out during the year, as well as one of the few firms participants of international equity deals during 2017. (*Research based on Deloitte reports.)

Carolina currently serves as co-chair of the Latin American Regional Forum and is a former chair of the IBA Real Estate Committee. She chairs the Corporate Law Committee of the City of Buenos Aires Bar Association.

Carolina has recently been elected member of the Lawyer’s Council for Civil and Economic Rights by the Vance Center for International Justice which aims to combat corruption in Latin America.

She is the only female and the youngest member of the board of directors at ZBV. She also heads the marketing and communications committee and the pro bono committee at the firm.

Prior to joining ZBV, Carolina worked in the legal department of the National Secretariat for Natural Resources and Human Environment. She was also a foreign associate at Chadbourne & Parke LLP in New York.

She graduated from the University of Buenos Aires in 1995, and obtained an LLM at the New York University School of Law, in 1998. She regularly contributes with national and international publications and has been identified by peer-reviews and publications as one of the best lawyers in Argentina. She was awarded the Euromoney Legal Media Group's 2016 Women in Business Law Awards 2016, for Best Finance Lawyer in Latin America.

Carolina Zang is well known for her various efforts in the field of women's advancement. She is committed to closing the economic and social gender gaps in Buenos Aires, in Argentina and in Latin America. Throughout her career she has been devoted to improving the possibilities of progress to all female professionals at the firm. She is a renowned advocate in gender parity initiatives and is frequently summoned by international associations as a key speaker. Carolina is a member of the International Steering Committee of the Women in the Profession Programme at the Cyrus R Vance Center for International Justice. Under her guidance, ZBV developed a mentoring programme for women lawyers which received the Chambers Women in Law Latin America Award for Most Valuable Mentoring Programme for Women Lawyers.

This is part of a professional notice: all recommended firms are invited, but not required, to supply a professional notice and partner profiles, which are published in return for a fee.

Carolina Zang in our content

Nnp4wd86gwkepsnwhfgi

The most authoritative guide to Latin America's leading business law firms - fully revised and updated 20th edition.

Search by country and practice area in our advanced search