Areas of expertise
• Antitrust and competition
• Litigation / arbitration
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• Bachelor of Laws, University of São Paulo (1977);
• Degree, Pedagogy, University Oswaldo Cruz de São Paulo (1977);
• Postgraduate course, Institute of International Commercial Law, Universität zu Köln, Germany (1980–1982).
Portuguese, English, German, French, Spanish and Italian
• Partner, Bomchil, Castro, Goodrich, Claro, Arosemena and Associates, Dr Graf von der Goltz, Dr Wessing & Partners, Düsseldorf, Germany (1980–1983) and London (1983);
• Founding partner, Xavier, Bernardes, Bragança – Sociedade de Advogados (1995–2011).
- President IBA – International Bar Association
- Member, Management Board, IBA – International Bar Association
- Member, International Relations Commission, Federal Council, OAB – Brazilian Bar Association
- Member, Legal Council (CONJUR), FIESP – Federação das Indústrias de São Paulo Council member, Pinacoteca do Estado de São Paulo
- Former President (2003–2006) and Executive Officer, CESA – Centre of Studies of the Brazilian Law Firms Member DAV – German Bar Association Former president (1994-1995) and Honorary President, AIJA – Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats
- Former Council Member – Ordem dos Advogados do Brasil-SP (2010–2015) Former Council member of ESA – Escola Superior de Advocacia-SP (1993–1995) Member, IASP – São Paulo
- Lawyers Institute Member, AASP – São Paulo Lawyers
- Association member, DBJV – Brazil-Germany Jurists
- Association member, SEJUBRA – Brazil-Germany Legal Studies Society
- Founding member of Instituto Pro Bono Member of the Drafting Committee of the Pro Bono
- Declaration of the Americas of the Vance Center – New York City Bar Association
- Eminent Practicioner – M&A Brazil – Chambers Global + Chambers Latin America 2017
- Recommended – Latin Lawyer 2017 – Brazil – Mergers and Acquisitions.