Aguilar Castillo Love is the law firm of choice for corporate legal departments and other decision-makers who need consistently high-quality legal services throughout Latin America.
As an integrated organisation with offices in Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama, we regularly handle our clients’ most challenging legal issues, most significant business transactions and most crucial disputes, requiring "one-country" expertise or comprehensive and unified regional, cross-border knowledge.
We represent a broad range of clients with a particular focus on multinational companies seeking to do business in one or several of the jurisdictions in which we have a presence. We serve clients in all sectors in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, splits, spin-offs or any kind of business combination, arrangement or restructuring. True to our commitment to quality, our corporate practice focuses on complex corporate and commercial matters, providing highly personalised service, including partner involvement.
We have extensive experience in assisting with start-ups and general foreign investment and greenfield projects, as well as general business law support when it comes to commercial contracts. We advise clients across sectors, ranging from infrastructure, energy and natural resources, to financial industries, telecommunications and media. We support our clients in all of their affairs with a corporate legal perspective; we work on legal strategy and also on legal services coordination and consolidation.
We have a unique international outlook with more than 60 per cent of our partners having LLMs from US or European universities. In addition, more than a quarter of our partners have worked in international law firms. This experience is highly appreciated by clients.
Our culture is trust, mutual respect and integrity through the law.
Aguilar Castillo Love is recognised by the main legal directories as a leading firm in Latin America across multiple practice areas. Other recognitions include:
- Awarded Law Firm of the Year 2019, Honduras, by Chambers and Partners;
- Recognised as a Latin Lawyer Elite Firm, 2019;
- Recognised by the Women Economic Forum 2019, Latin America, as one of the “Iconic Companies Creating a Better World for All” through the work the firm handles for the non-profit SheIs, in Central America;
- Best Central American Law Firm of the Year 2018 by Leaders League;
- John Aguilar Quesada is the first lawyer from Costa Rica ranked in LACCA Approved.
Areas of practice
- Antitrust and competition
- Corporate M&A
- Dispute resolution (arbitration and litigation)
- Infrastructure, energy and natural resources
- Intellectual property and media
- International trade and investment
- Investigations, corporate criminal law and defence
- Public law
- Real estate
- Regulatory and compliance
Offices: Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama.
Main contacts: Thelma Carrión / firstname.lastname@example.org
Pol Thielen / email@example.com
John Aguilar-Quesada / firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Carlos Castillo Chacón / email@example.com