DLA Piper has established a substantial footprint in Latin America with varied offerings that cater to the specific needs of our global client base. The firm’s pan-hemispheric approach to delivering comprehensive services to our multinational clients underscores our view that the Latin America region is of utmost importance to the global business community.
DLA Piper assists clients with business transactions and cross-border disputes throughout Latin America. We handle matters in every country in the region and across every industry sector in which our clients operate. As the level of sophisticated, cross-border activity continues to grow throughout the entire region, DLA Piper continues to expand its services to clients with a Latin America presence through our cooperation with Campos Mello Advogados in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, Brazil and with our DLA Piper multi-disciplinary practice with offices in:
- Bogota, Colombia – DLA Piper Martínez Beltrán
- Lima, Peru – DLA Piper Pizarro Botto Escobar
- Mexico City, Mexico – DLA Piper Gallástegui y Lozano
- Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, Brazil – Campos Mello Advogados
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Santiago, Chile –BAZ|DLA Piper.
Our experience in Latin America includes assisting clients from inside and outside the region with the full range of business, legal and commercial services that DLA Piper provides worldwide:
- Capital markets
- Compliance and investigations
- Energy, mining and natural resources
- Family groups
- Franchise and distribution matters
- Inbound and outbound capital investments
- International arbitration and disputes
- Labour and employment, immigration
- Private equity and debt financing
- Project finance and public–private partnerships
- Tax structuring, transfer pricing, imports and market access issues
- Technology, telecommunications and intellectual property, privacy and data security, e-commerce
- Real estate and hospitality.
A number of our lawyers were born or raised and educated in the region and are fluent in Spanish or Portuguese. Many have also practised law in both the US and Latin America and are intimately familiar with civil law legal systems and with the cultural and legal nuances required to successfully do business in the region.
Our strategic relationships on the ground throughout Latin America enhance our understanding of the region and enable us to provide our clients with practical, meaningful legal advice. DLA Piper’s global platform of 90+ offices in more than 40 countries enables us to serve all of our clients’ legal needs, whether they are based in Latin America or wish to do business there.