In 2010, Rodríguez & Mendoza reached its 100th anniversary providing uninterrupted legal services to its clients. Today, Rodríguez & Mendoza continues providing services with 35 lawyers working full-time, capable of satisfying most of the legal needs of its corporate clientele under one roof.
We place special emphasis on recruiting the best talents that come out of Venezuelan universities and encourage young lawyers, many of whom have also been employed with prestigious foreign law firms, to obtain domestic and foreign postgraduate degrees. Some of our partners and associates are professors in various Venezuelan universities. We have assembled specialised teams that provide services in most of the areas that corporations require.
Rodríguez & Mendoza has very strong labour, tax, corporate, oil, gas and petrochemicals, project financing, banking and financial transactions, antitrust, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, environmental law, administrative law, arbitration, mediation and litigation and capital markets practices, among others.
We enjoy a very good position and reputation in the Venezuelan legal market, and have earned our place as one of the most efficient and reputable law firms in Venezuela. We have participated and continue to participate in the most relevant transactions that constantly take place in Venezuela, both in domestic transactions as well as in cross-border ones. As a reference, please find below a sample of some of the most relevant transactions in which we have recently participated and clients we have counselled.
- Real estate, we increased our legal assistance to domestic and foreign sponsors of real estate projects in the city of Caracas, including premium building offices, shopping centres, hotel and housing in other cities.
- China Development Bank, we continue providing legal assistance to the bank in different areas, labour and tax, among others.
- We continued providing legal assistance to domestic and foreign companies from different sector, specifically commercial contracts, foreign exchange regime, tax and labour, among other areas.
- Environmental, we provided legal assistance to a recognised foreign oil company in order to update their standard of compliance with the safety, hygiene and environmental rules applicable in Venezuela.
- The oil sector continues to be one of the biggest areas of expertise of the firm, and during 2015 we continued to advise clients in their participation in projects as well as in financings.
- Chevron Boscan Finance. During 2012, 2013 and 2014, we counseled Chevron Boscan Finance in the financing to PDVSA for the PetroBoscan oil project of US$2 billion.
- China Development Bank Corporation in the establishment of a representative office in Caracas – Venezuela.
- Centro Comercial Paseo La Castellana. Since 2011 and until the present, we are counselling on all related matters, Inversiones Altano, as developer of one of the biggest real estate development in Caracas, containing offices, hotel and shopping center.
- ENI SpA and Repsol. We are counselling Eni SpA and Repsol in the financing of the Cardon IV gas project.
- In addition, during 2014 we continued providing environmental legal assistance to oil and gas projects in Venezuelan, particularly, identifying the applicable laws and regulations and preparing environmental list of permits and authorisations as well as manual of permits for projects.
- ONGC Videsh Ltd during 2012 and 2014 in the structuring and negotiation of the financing to Petrolera Indovenezolana, SA (a mixed company between Petroleos de Venezuela, SA – PDVSA and ONGC Videsh Ltd for the development of the San Cristobal Oil Project.
- Brazilian OI Telecommunications company in the sale of Brasil Telecom de Venezuela to BTG Pactual.
- ENI SpA. We counselled Eni in the financing of the PetroJunin and Guiria oil project for US$2 billion.
- China Development Bank Corporation in a revolving facility to PDVSA for US$1,500 million.
- China Development Bank Corporation in a revolving facility to PDVSA for US$500 million.
- BNDES of Brazil in the financing to PDVSA Naval for the development of the Shipyard Astilleros del Alba.
- Malaysian Pertamina (Persero) in the acquisition and the financing of the Petrodelta oil project.
- Leche Pascual in its investment, in association with Alimentos Polar, in a dairy plant in Venezuela.