Patton, Moreno & Asvat has more than 35 years of experience in providing legal services to both local and international clients. Patton, Moreno & Asvat comprises 26 attorneys and more than 100 employees. Our areas of practice include corporate, maritime, contracts and commercial transactions, real estate, public procurement, telecommunications, energy, M&A, intellectual property, banking law, aeronautical law, among others.
Patton, Moreno & Asvat is characterised for being a firm that offers legal services of the highest quality and for truly committing to its clients around the world.
Recent relevant transactions
- Legal advisers to the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in a credit facility transaction to finance the construction of Parque Logístico Lima Sur – US$28 million, a real estate development on the outskirts of Lima.
- Advisers to Lazard in the acquisition of the remaining 50 per cent stake in MBA Lazard, its Financial Advisory business in Latin America outside Brazil and Mexico. The integration of offices in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Panama with the US, Canada and Brazil offices creates the largest financial advisory platform in the Americas.
- Advice to Codere Group as Panamanian counsel in connection to issue two series of notes worth US$300 million and €500 million (US$538 million).
- Advisers to Sun International in the merger transaction of Sun International’s Latin American portfolio (Monticello Grand Casino in Chile, Ocean Club Casino in Panama and the Sun Nao Casino in Colombia) with the casino and hotel portfolio of assets of Chilean-based leader in the gaming and entertainment industry, Dreams SA, which resulted in the formation of the largest gaming company in Latin America, SUN DREAMS.
- Advice to PSA Panama International Terminal, SA as Panamanian counsel in connection with the project financing for the expansion of its container terminal located at the Pacific entrance of the Panama Canal.
- Advisers to Grupo Wisa, SA, Westline Enterprises, Inc, affiliates and subsidiaries in the corporate restructuring process of Felix B Maduro retail stores and Soho Mall project.
- Advisers to the Panamanian subsidiary of Phoenix Tower International, a US-based company in the wireless communication tower site business, assisting with the acquisition of sites in Panama and their financing.
- Advisers to IFC as Panamanian counsel in several loan and acquisition transactions involving Panamanian companies in the banking, renewable energy and micro finance sectors.
- Advice to Codere Group in a refinancing transaction involving its Panamanian subsidiaries and other group entities.
- Advice to a Chinese engineering and construction consortium in the prequalification stage of the public bid for the Fourth Bridge over the Panama Canal.
- Advice to PSA International in the prequalification stage of the bid for the Corozal port project announced by the Panama Canal Authority.
Languages: English, French, German, Gujarati, Portuguese, Spanish.
Clients PSA Panama International Terminal, SA, Codere Group, Cimolai, SpA, Deutsche Bank, Constructora San Jose, SA, Cemex, Air Liquide, Element Power, International Finance Corporation, Zurich Insurance Company, Sun International, Grupo Vicini; Under Armour Inc and UA Panama, S de RL; Huawei Technologies Panama, SA and Huawei Centro America y el Caribe, SA; Fastenal Panama, SA and Fastenal Latin America, SA; Peri Panama, Inc; Johnson Controls Panama, S de RL.8th Floor, Capital Plaza Building
Roberto Motta Avenue
Costa del Este
PO Box 0819-05911