Milaré Advogados is a boutique law firm, heavily focused on all aspects of environmental law, that provides full services related to litigation; administrative procedures; legal and institutional counsel on environmental affairs; and studies, analysis and drafting of environmental legislation. The firm has as partners Professor Édis Milaré and Lucas Milaré.
Currently, the firm is involved in the administrative procedure related to the environmental authorisation of the most important infrastructure projects in
Milaré Advogados has operated in cases related to obtaining of authorisation to access genetic resources and the development of benefit-sharing agreements. The firm has also worked on cases associated with the feasibility of the implementation of environmental service projects.
The firm’s team deals with everything from civil, administrative and criminal law arising in environmental cases and is not exclusively formed by lawyers, but also includes environmental planning engineers, licence managers, management engineers, sociologists specialised in environmental policies and geographers.
The firm’s main practice areas within
- Energy, mining and banking;
- Agribusiness, real estate, natural and genetic resources, biosafety and forestry;
- Contaminated areas, allotments and solid waste;
- Transport infrastructure and audits;
- Gas, construction and engineering, carbon and the retail market; and
- Criminal law and cultural heritage.
Coordinated by the founding and senior partner Professor Édis Milaré, the firm boasts:
- Priscila Santos Artigas as the head of the energy, mining, banking and gas group;
- Roberta Jardim de Morais as the head of the agribusiness, real estate, ports and airports infrastructure, biosafety, natural and genetic resources group, and forestry group;
- Rita Maria Borges Franco as head of the contaminated areas, allotments and solid waste, carbon and retail market and audits group;
- Édis Milaré as head of the criminal law and cultural heritage group.