The IPO stream in Brazil continues to flow, as local laboratory testing company Diagnósticos da América SA (DASA) and some of its shareholders have completed an offering of 19 million shares, raising a total of R$437 million (US$158 million). The transaction closed on November 22.
The State of São Paulo and its holding company Companhia Paulista de Parcerias (CPP) have concluded a global offering of 5.3 billion common shares in waste management company Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo (Sabesp), raising a total of US$242 million. The transaction closed on November 10.
Arbitration specialist and former Argentine government lawyer Carlos Ignacio Suarez Anzorena has joined Clifford Chance LLP’s London arbitration group. The move was announced on July 15.
Brazilian toll road concessionaire Companhia de Concessões Rodoviárias (CCR) has successfully completed a primary offer of common shares in Brazil, including sales efforts in the US to qualified institutional investors, for a total value of R$375 million (US$120 million). The offer started on April 27 and ended on May 19.
Following a similar deal closed by Panama last year, The Republic of Colombia has completed a debt for nature swap with the US government, raising over US$10 million for local conservation efforts. The transaction closed on April 23.
Brazil’s Banco ABN Amro Real SA, through its Grand Cayman branch, has issued US$100 million of 4.5 per cent notes, due December 19, 2006, under its US$1 billion medium term notes programme. The transaction closed on December 19.
Brazil’s Banco ABN Amro Real SA, through its Grand Cayman Branch, has issued US$200 million of 3.75 per cent notes, due December 1, 2005, under its US$1 billion medium term note programme. The transaction closed on December 1.
Following July’s debt restructuring completed by its petrochemical subsidiary Ipiranga Petroquímica (IP), Brazilian industrial conglomerate Companhia Brasileira de Petróleo Ipiranga (CBPI) has issued US$135 million of step-up notes. The transaction closed on August 1.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Brazilian mining giant Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD), Vale Overseas Ltd (VOL), has issued US$300 million of 9 per cent guaranteed notes, due 2013. The transaction closed on August 8.
Brasil Telecom SA (BT) has reached an agreement to acquire the Brazilian operations of Latin American telecommunications provider MetroRED Telecom Group Ltd (MTG), initially purchasing 19.9 per cent of the capital of MTH do Brasil Ltda (MDB) for approximately US$17 million. BT has also purchased an option to acquire the remaining 80.1 per cent of MDB for US$68 million. The agreement was signed on February 17 and the initial purchase was closed on February 19.