Columbia University School of Law, New York, NY.
- Master’s in private and financial law (LLM), 1999 (with honours).
- Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia. Lawyer, 1997.
Academic and professional honours
- Parker School achievement award – Columbia University, 1999.
- Distinction for excellence in master's degrees in private international law.
- Colfuturo fellow – 1998.
- Full scholarship winner for master's degree studies.
- National economic and financial law award José Ignacio De Marquez – 1997
best publication at national level of economic law.
- Selected thesis for publication in a private law journal - Universidad de los Andes - 1997.
Admitted in the state of New York in 2001.
Admitted in Colombia, in 1997.
Mosquera Abogados, SAS (05/1997 – 08/1998) (08/2004 – present), Bogotá, Colombia.
Financial practice partner, capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, financial practice and capital markets: legal advice for financial entities and companies from the public and private sectors in contracting local and international financing (bond issuance, securitisation, syndicated loans, bilateral loans, club deals, credits with export agency guarantees), ISDAs.
M&A practice: legal advice for multinationals and companies from the public and private sectors in merger and acquisition processes.
White & Case LLP (05/1999–08/2014), New York, NY.
Financial practice lawyer, capital market, mergers & acquisitions.
Financial practice and capital markets: legal advice for financial institutions and companies in the Latin American region. Issuance of bonds, syndicated credits, bilateral credits, club deals, credits with guarantees from export agencies.
M&A practice: legal advice on domestic and international merger and acquisition processes.
English: 100% written and spoken, native Spanish, French: basic knowledge.
Membership: International Bar Association (IBA).