His professional practice is based in complex litigation in the civil, commercial, arbitration and constitutional areas. He has recently directed cases related to regulatory law in the areas of telecommunications and energy. He has worked on the protection of intellectual property rights, including the prosecution of piracy, counterfeiting and unfair competition. He participated as a litigation attorney in a national dispute between two multinational companies related to the distribution of different trademarks. Likewise, he has experience in inter-corporate and succession disputes. He has practised litigation against different state institutions, in an adjudication deemed as one of the most important in the past decade, as well as litigation related to tourism licences. In the criminal area, he has participated in defence strategies for white-collar crimes, such as fraud.
He actively participates in trade union activities of different kinds, being part of the boards of directors of the Guatemalan Institute of Procedural Law, as well as of the Guatemalan Association of Professionals in Action, and is a member of the Association of Western Jurists.
He was appointed by the Guatemalan Bar Association as a Press Jury member, with competence in the western part of the country.
- Concluded curriculum of doctoral degree in tax and corporate law. Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala. 2016–2018
- Master's degree in business legal advice (LLM), Business Institute, Madrid, Spain. 2008.
- Master's degree in corporate law and competition law, San Carlos University of Guatemala. 2007
- Degree in legal and social sciences, Lawyer and notary public. Rafael Landivar University 2005.
- Studies in economic criminal law and tax law, UNIS. 2012
Awards and acknowledgements
- Chambers and Partners
- Recognition granted by the President of the board of directors of the Guatemalan Bar Association, March 2015.
- Intellectual property and unfair competition
- Regulatory law
- Economic criminal law.
Languages: Spanish and English.
- Member of the board of directors of the Guatemala Institute of Criminal Procedure
- Treasurer of the Guatemalan Association of Professionals in Action.
- Member of the Western Jurists Association.