Latin Lawyer Elite firms have each carved out their own paths towards excellence and demonstrate unique areas of strength. Here, we announce this year’s Elite.
Brazilian Latin Lawyer National firm Chalfin, Goldberg, Vainboim & Fichtner Advogados Associados has hired a partner to establish a corporate department and a second practitioner to strengthen its insurance and data protection practices.
Countries around the world – including in Latin America – are regulating the use of medical cannabis, tapping into a lucrative and expanding market for the drug. So far Brazil has yet to follow suit, but Graça Couto Advogados partner Natalie Sequerra says it’s time for a rethink.
Brazil’s data protection law comes into force this year. Inspired by the GDPR, its impact will be watched closely by lawmakers around Latin America. We convened a roundtable in Miami with in-house counsel, data privacy officers and private practitioners to share their experiences of data-rich dealmaking and complying with data protection laws in a region where enforcement levels vary greatly.
Covid-19 landed in Latin America on 26 February, bringing with it an onslaught of labour and employment issues for the region’s companies and workers. Latin America’s top labour lawyers are now advising their clients on how to handle their workforces in the wake of the crisis, as the evolving outbreak presents unique employment issues for businesses.
A transcript from Latin Lawyer Live Private Equity, which took place in 2019, is now available to read online.
- Araújo e Policastro Advogados
- Azevedo Sette Advogados
- BMA - Barbosa, Müssnich, Aragão
- Carvalhosa e Eizirik Advogados
- Cascione Pulino Boulos Advogados
- Cescon, Barrieu, Flesch & Barreto Advogados
- Costa e Tavares Paes Advogados
- De Luca, Derenusson, Schuttoff, Advogados
- Demarest Advogados
- Dias Carneiro Advogados
- E.Munhoz Advogados
- Felsberg Advogados
- Franceschini e Miranda - Advogados
- FreitasLeite Advogados
- Galdino & Coelho Advogados
- Lefosse Advogados
- Leite, Tosto e Barros Advogados
- L O Baptista Advogados
- Lobo de Rizzo Advogados
- Lobo & Ibeas
- Machado Associados
- Machado Meyer Advogados
- Madrona Advogados
- Magalhães e Dias Advocacia
- Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados
- Milaré Advogados
- Motta Fernandes Advogados
- Mundie e Advogados
- Pinheiro Guimarães
- Pinheiro Neto Advogados
- Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira, Agel Advogados
- Siqueira Castro Advogados
- Soares Bumachar
- Souza, Mello e Torres
- Stocche Forbes Advogados
- Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown
- TozziniFreire Advogados
- Trench Rossi Watanabe
- Ulhôa Canto, Rezende e Guerra Advogados
- Veirano Advogados
- Wald, Antunes, Vita, Longo e Blattner Advogados
These firms have professional notices in the Latin Lawyer 250