About the Author
Sofía J Cohen joined Arias, Fábrega & Fábrega in 1999 and became a partner in 2017.
Having served in the Civil Aviation Authority of Panama, Ms. Sofía J. Cohen brings an abundance of experience in corporation and regulatory matters for aviation and other transportation modes; transportation accident claims and aviation law to her legal practice in the aviation field.
- Chief Negotiator of the Delegation of the Republic of Panama at the ICAO Third Air Services Negotiation Conference (ICAN/2010);
- Chief Negotiator of the Air Services Agreement with United Arab Emirates
- Represented the Republic of Panama at the General Assembly of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- 2009–2010: Deputy General Director of the Civil Aviation Authority of Panama;
- 1992–1994, 1999: Director of Air Transportation of the Civil Aviation Authority of Panama.
- 1990–1991: Assistant District Attorney.
Ms Cohen has a Master of Business Law from Latin American University of Science and Technology and an LLB from Santa Maria La Antigua University
Sofía J Cohen heads the Regulatory Work Practice Group, serving the needs of clients affected by myriad highly technical, industry-specific and ever increasing business regulations.
Ms Cohen is well regarded for her in-depth knowledge of the laws affecting regulated industries and for her experience and skills in dealing with regulatory agencies.