About the Author
Sean is a New York qualified partner based in Mexico City who concentrates on project finance, bank finance and equipment leasing transactions, primarily in Latin America. He frequently represents project sponsors in infrastructure, natural resource and energy projects and has significant experience in the drafting and negotiation of both project documents (with a particular focus on construction arrangements) and financing documents. He has also represented borrowers and lenders in numerous equipment lease transactions, secured and unsecured credit facilities and capital market offerings throughout Latin America. Sean leads the only team of US lawyers providing on-the-ground service in Mexico.
His recent experience includes:
- Representation of Invenergy in the acquisition of, and project financing for, the 70MW Campo Palomas wind farm in Uruguay.
- Representation of a group of leading commercial financial institutions and export credit agencies, including AB Svensk ExportKredit (SEK), Banco Security, DNB Group, KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Eksport Kredit Fonden (EKF), in the US$306 million project financing of the San Juan wind power project in Chile.
- Representation of Terminal Internacional del Sur SA, as borrower, and Santa Sofia Puertos SA, as sponsor, in the US$280 million project development and financing for the expansion of the Matarani Port in the Islay district of Arequipa, Peru.
- Representation of Sociedad Portuaria El Cayao SA ESP in the development of an LNG receiving, storage and regasification terminal to be located in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Representation of Empresa de Generación Huallaga in the development and financing of the approximately US$1.2 billion Chaglla 400MW hydroelectric power-generation project on the Huallaga River in Huanuco, Peru.
- Representation of Braskem Idesa, SAPI as owner in the development, construction and financing of the US$4.5 billion 1,050 kt/y Etileno XXI polyethylene project in Veracruz, Mexico.