About the Author
Mr Valinotti is a lawyer with extensive experience in legal counselling and administrative litigation. Before joining Berkemeyer Attorneys and Counselors as the Head of the Tax Department, he was the leader in the tax area in another major law firm in Paraguay. Before these experiences in the private sector he was chief legal counsel of the Department of Major Taxpayers in Paraguay; inquiry proceedings judge and member of the committee and Body of Training for the Tax Administration. In addition, today, he actively teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in the tax area, for example, in the Faculty of Economics at the National University of Asuncion, the Faculty of Law-American University, and other colleges.
Mr Valinotti has been classified at a high level by Latin Lawyer and Chambers and Partners since 2013 in the corporate tax branch.
- Master's in Business Law – Catholic University of Asuncion (2014/2015);
- course on customs – Inter-American Center of Tax Administrations (CIAT) (2013);
- Public Treasury Specialist – IEF/UNED (Spain) (2009/2010);
- diploma in taxation – Inter-American Center of Tax Administrations (CIAT) (2007);
- diploma in University Teaching – American University (Asuncion) (2009);
- attorney at Law – Faculty of Law – National University of Asuncion (2002).
Areas of practice
Tax, corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, foreign investments, customs duties.
Languages: Spanish, Italian, Guaraní.