About the Author
Mr Holguín is the co-managing partner of EC Legal Rubio Villegas.
He is a partner in the Customs and Foreign Trade Area and concentrates his practice in customs and international trade and taxation. He earned his law degree, summa cum laude, from the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. Mr Holguin is a Fulbright scholar who earned an LLM from New York University. He also has postgraduate degrees from two leading Mexican Tax Law Schools, the Escuela Libre de Derecho and the Universidad Panamericana.
Mr Holguin has ample experience in import licensing, export controls, and conducting complex customs and international trade audits to Mexican companies regarding valuation, HTS classification, and rules of origin under all the free trade agreements signed by Mexico.
Mr Holguín regularly assists companies to design and implement their customs and foreign trade compliance procedures. He has extensive experience in International Audits to Verify the Origin of Goods, Antidumping and Safeguards procedures. He provides constant legal advice to Maquiladora companies on their customs procedures, and setting up structures that provide customs and tax benefits when doing business in México.
Mr Holguin has is professor of Foreign Trade Transactions in the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM).
He is recognised as a Leading Practitioner by Chambers Latin America (International Trade).
- American Bar Association;
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA);
- Foreign Trade Association;
- Chairman of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresas (ANADE), Sección Chihuahua; and
- United States Mexico Bar Association.
- “Year in Review”. Customs and International Trade Bar Association. Quarterly Newsletter; and
- “Regulation of Maquiladoras”. New York University.