The business law resource for Latin America
Areas of Practice: Financial system and its regulation, anti-money laundering and counter-financing of terrorism regimes, civil and commercial law.
Admitted to Practice:18 January 2000.
Languages: Spanish and English.
• Doctoral Programme in Pluralistic Public and Private Law in Guatemala at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Pending thesis. From October 2000 to January 2002.
• Course on Modern Central Banking: A Comprehensive Approach, Center for Latin American Monetary Studies CEMLA, Mexico City and New York, USA. From 27 February to 8 April 2006.
• Training Seminar on Assessment Methodology 2004 FATF to advise Structures of a Country Against Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, San José, Republic of Costa Rica, June 2005.
• Course of Economic Administrative Law, University of Salamanca, Spain (Diploma of Fitness), January 2003.
• Attorney at Law and Notary, cum laude, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala, 2000
Publications: Article concerning Banking and Financial Regulation in Guatemala. Third Edition of The Banking Regulation Review, Law Business Research, April 2012.
"Guatemalan Banking Reform”, published in IFLR1000, The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2010.