About the Author
Main practice areas
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Project finance
- Banking, insurance and securities
- Corporate and business law
- Real estate and condominium law
- Transportation (maritime).
- Assisted Fosun International on the IPO of their Tourism Development for US$700 million in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Has handled multiple high-value real estate transactions at Casa de Campo Resort.
- Lead attorney in the debt restructuring of a high-end hotel holding, Punta Cana.
- Assisted clients on matters related to public and private security offerings as well as in the registration of local commodity exchanges.
- Assisted in the amendment and execution of multimillion-dollar liens and mortgages registered against high-end real estate in Casa de Campo on behalf of large US national banks and mortgage processors.
- Counsel to a major shipyard and yacht distributor on maritime and commercial law (mortgages and executions, contracts, distribution and warranty agreements).
- Quoted by The New York Times (2014, 2016) on real estate law and tax matters.
- Latin Lawyer Reference: Project Finance, 2020
- The Real Estate Law Review, UK, 2019.
- Real Estate, LatinLawyer Reference, 2018.
- Mergers & Acquisitions, GTDT-Lexology, 2018.
- Secured Lending, GTDT-Lexology, 2016.
- Real Estate Law Guide, GTDT, UK, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Project Finance, GTDT, UK, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
- The functioning of limited liability companies, PUCMM, 2009.
- Corporate practice models – the only book on company forms published in the country.
- Contributed to the drafting of the national mercantile registry regulation in the Dominican Republic.
Rochester Institute of Technology, MBA, 2007.
Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, LLB, summa cum laude, 2006
Recognitions and Memberships
Ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America
Dominican Bar Association.
American Bar Association.
Spanish, English, French, Portuguese.