Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes, SC was established in Mexico City in 1994 by a team of highly qualified lawyers focused on offering highly professional, sophisticated and quality legal services to satisfy its clients’ business needs. Today, as a leading firm in the Mexican market, its level of expertise is well recognised in various practice areas. Deeply committed to quality and responsiveness, the firm has consolidated its status as one of the pre-eminent Mexican law firms.
As the firm has gradually grown, it has attracted professionals with significant experience in the public, industrial and financial sectors that have formed a team with the highest level of professional experience.
The firm has broad experience in the international arena. Its work represents a balanced mix of foreign and local workload regularly advising clients on sophisticated cross-border transactions.
The firm is part of Taxand, a global network of independent tax firms with more than 400 tax partners and over 2,000 tax advisers in over 40 countries for the provision of international tax services. The firm is also a founding member of Affinitas, an alliance of Latin American law firms that includes Barros & Errázuriz Abogados in Chile, Gómez-Pinzón Zuleta in Colombia and Miranda & Amado in Peru.
Main areas of practice
The firm’s practice began over 20 years ago as a corporate, M&A, banking, securities and finance practice and has since then developed very solid practices in private equity, administrative litigation, structured finance, intellectual property, tax litigation and tax advice, antitrust, hotels and resorts, labour and employment, real estate, project finance, energy, arbitration, sports and entertainment, telecommunications, insurance, gaming and environmental.
Latest awards and nominations
Mijares has been recognised as:
- 2016: Winners of “IPO of the Year” – Nemak – by Latin Finance
- 2016: Winners of “Deal of the Quarter” by Transactional Track Record – Gasoductos de Chihuahua.
- 2016: Winners of “Best Real Estate Law Firm-Mexico” by Build News.
- 2016: Winners of “Client Service Award” by Chambers and Partners.
- 2015: First place in the rankings for Mexico by Latin Lawyer in terms of participation in the most significant cases of M&As.
- 2015: Winners of “Capital Markets Deal of the Year” by Latin Finance.
- 2015: “Deal of the Quarter” (OPI) by TTR.
- 2014: Winners for ‘M&A Deal of the Year Award’ – Grupo Modelo – by Latin Lawyer.
- 2014: Winners for ‘M&A Deal of the Year” – Eutelsat – by The American Lawyer.
- 2014: Nominated for the ‘Mexican Law Firm of the Year’ by Chambers and Partners.
- 2014: Nominated as ‘Law Firm of the Year’ by Chambers and Partners.
- 2013: Latin America Tax Disputes Firm of the Year – International Tax Review.
- 2013: TTR* (Transactional Track Record) lists Mijares, Angoitia, Cortes y Fuentes as leader in M&A.
- 2013: Winners of the “M&A Deal of the Year Award” by Latin Lawyer.
- 2012: Winners for the third time of "Mexican Firm of the Year” by International Financial Law Review.
- 2011: winner of ‘Mexico Law Firm of the Year’ by International Financial Law Review (IFLR).
Colonia Santa Fe
01210, México City
Tel: +52 55 5201 7400